Tuesday, August 24, 2010

On the mend


Though I may think I am sometimes, the truth of the matter is that I am not a superhero. I am tough. I am determined. I am stubborn as fuck. But I do not possess superhuman abilities. So, when I get hurt, I have to deal with it.

The plantar fasciitis in my foot didn't get better. It didn't get worse, but it didn't get better. So, I didn't run for 2 1/2 weeks. I started physical therapy and have been doing all the little runner tricks for healing from PF. There has been an improvement. I was able to go for 5 short runs last week, all at a decent pace and with minimal discomfort. I'm still not 100% and I'm doing my best to be honest with myself about how much I can do. But with 74 days until the marathon, I can't say I'm not freaking out a little.

I am not a superhero. But I do have mad ninja skills in the neurotic arts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...