Friday, November 19, 2010

Final Thoughts

For the first few days after the marathon, I alternated between a huge grin and tears of gratitude. I can't get over how much fun I had and how much this whole experience has meant to me. The proof is in the picture, though, and clearly I was having the time of my life.

As for the metrics, I did sit down and analyze my 5k splits. Overall, I was fairly consistent except for that last 10k. The wheels came off a little bit there. I had anticipated that. I KNEW I started out too fast, but I was just having too much fun and felt too good to slow down. Honestly, I wouldn't have done anything differently.

That being said, I seem to have come down with marathonitis. I've registered for my second marathon which is just three months away. My goal for that will be to keep a consistent pace. A little faster, a little slower, whatever. Just keep it as steady as I can. So, look out Austin, Texas!

I've got myself some new shoes and a new goal. Let's lace up.

4 comments:

  1. Awesome that you were able to enjoy the NYCM experience so much, as it should be! I'm sure you'll have a blast in Austin too. Lots of downhills late in that race, so hopefully will be easier to get that final 10k in line with the rest of the race...

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay!!! change your shoes, change your life!
    you'll rock austin lady!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Scott & Maura.

    Can't wait to run with you both again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice shot! I was there too! PR'd as well (although it was only my second marathon). It was also my first trip to NY! Loved it!

    Ev

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...