Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Runniversary




This past Saturday, February 26th was a bit of a special day on my calendar. It marked the fourth anniversary of my first logged run. I’d gone on runs before that, casually, and even a less than stellar debut at a 5k race, but that was the day I decided that this was going to be a serious endeavor and I ought to treat it seriously. It was my fourth Runniversary.

In four years, I can hardly believe the changes that have occurred in my life. I ran my first half marathon several months after that first run, got married a few months after that, started graduate school, bought a home, lost my mother very suddenly, changed careers, and ran two marathons. The last three things have all happened within the last 10 months. It’s been quite a roller coaster. Sometimes, I think I barely recognize myself four years ago. I didn’t just make a decision to change my lifestyle, though. I made a decision to change my life. And I’m so grateful, every day, that I did.

Whether they’ve been good, bad, or ugly, I choose to celebrate every mile I’ve run. They’ve gotten me to where I stand now, feet firmly planted with nowhere to go but forward.




(photo by Elyssa)

3 comments:

  1. Awesome! And so very inspiring.

    Happy fourth Runniversary Sharon!! Here's to many more years of outstanding running!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy runniversary!! :) Excited to see what's next!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow happy runniversary :) what a great post! xo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...