Sunday, November 25, 2012

Open Door

I was so scared to write and publish that post.  So, so scared.

I was so scared to open up about what I've been through.

No one wants to be thought of as synonymous with tragedy or trauma.  I didn't, and don't, want people to look at me and think, "Oh, there goes Sharon who lost a baby recently."

But here's the thing about opening up and letting out what's inside . . . it allows you to let others in.

First and foremost, thank you.  Thank you to the women who've privately reached out to me and told me their stories, their experiences, shared their tears and their outrage, and in many cases, their eventual joy as well.  Thank you to the men who've reached out and likewise shared your family's story.

Thank you to those of you who've just reached out and said, "I'm thinking of you.  I'm so sorry."  Thank you for understanding.

I've cried far less in the last few days since opening up about this.  I hope that I will be able to look back and recognize these as the days where my grief turned slowly towards acceptance and allowed me to take steps into the next phase of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...