Thursday, February 4, 2010

Just chillin'

Wombat, Bonorong Wildlife Park, Tasmania, Australia


Like this here adorable wombat, I've been taking it a bit easy with the physical activity for the past few days. Since the half-marathon (and if I'm being perfectly honest with myself, even a bit before), I've had a bit of tightness and soreness in my hips. It's finally feeling a bit better, and after yesterday's 3.5ish mile run and several miles of walking around New York City with my friend Nico, who is in training to walk the L.A. marathon, I'm doing okay.

Today, I'm having my second meeting with a personal trainer at my new shmancy gym. I suspect that I will not continue paying for the trainer, but in our first session, she showed me some great endurance and strength building exercises that I can begin to incorporate into my regular routine.

I'm really looking forward to getting out and doing some running this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...