Tuesday, July 6, 2010

The beginning

A triumphant start to marathon training!

I began yesterday...with a rest day.

Having run 11 miles in 90+ degree heat on Sunday, yesterday was a designated rest day. So, rest I did (and then I went to an outdoor Faith No More concert, during which I jumped around, screamed and sweat a lot. Restful? Perhaps not. Awesome? Yes. Worth it? Absolutely).

Today, there will be speed work with Speedy Sasquatch . It's expected to be about 100 degrees. My training schedule for the week has been posted, and I'm really excited to start, and a wee bit nervous. This weekend I have a 10k race, and I'm going to race it's face off. I hope, at least. We'll see.

But, here's to beginnings!
::raises giant bottle of ice water::

1 comment:

  1. 90+ degree heat? Wow, you are something else I tell ya. It sure has been hot this week. Be careful out there today on your speed sessions, and congrats to your start of marathon training. Also, Best wishes on your upcoming 10k. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...