Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Running around my neighborhood



My husband and I moved to our new neighborhood this past July. The longer commute is taking some getting used to, but the extra space is nice. We can BOTH be in the same room and not be touching! It's fantastic!


One of the awesome things about my new neighborhood is that it is kind of a runner's paradise. Less than 1 mile from our apartment we have a beautiful park with a running track and gorgeous wooded trails. The neighborhood itself has some really steep hills, so I don't have to go very far to do my hill work.


The photo above was taken yesterday morning as I went for a 6.67 mile run in my new Brooks Glycerin shoes. Sorry the photo is a bit blurry but I was, you know, running.
Honestly, though, how could I not get out and run when this is my scenery?

5 comments:

  1. Hi Sharon :) It's Steph (from Stephopolis). What a gorgeous running trail you have!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sharon, Jules here (jules_perox)over from LJ...I think you have an excellent mindset and great motivation to go sub 4 next year at the NYC Marathon! I say, ignore the haters and depressants, listen to yourself and, most importantly, your body and train hard and enjoy it.
    Take care...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to come up there... I love that trail.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @futurebird, yeah, it's pretty awesome :) Let me know if you want to run it soon.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...